Time & Location
Aug 26, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
My Sister's Keeper, 16200 Euclid Ave, East Cleveland, OH 44112, USA
About the Event
My Sister's Keeper partners with The Gathering Place to offer a workshop focused on evoking the healing properties of beauty and positive self-esteem.
The "Beauty as a Remedy" workshop is a transformative program designed specifically for cancer patients, providing a safe and nurturing space to explore the profound impact of beauty on the healing process. This workshop aims to empower participants with practical tools, techniques, and insights to enhance their well-being, self-esteem, and resilience during their cancer journey through the power of self-care and self-expression.
During this interactive workshop, participants will embark on a guided exploration of beauty as a catalyst for healing, acknowledging the unique challenges they face and embracing the potential of beauty to positively influence their physical, emotional, and psychological recovery. Through a series of engaging activities, discussions, and hands-on experiences, attendees will be encouraged to tap into their innate creativity, rediscover their personal sense of beauty, and cultivate self-care practices that promote healing and overall well-being.
Key Workshop Elements:
- Self-Care and Mindfulness: Learn self-care techniques, including mindfulness and relaxation exercises, that can be incorporated into daily life to promote inner calm, reduce stress, and enhance overall well-being.
- Artistic Expression: Engage in therapeutic art exercises, such as painting, drawing, or collage, as a means of self-expression, emotional release, and finding solace during the cancer journey.
- Beauty Rituals and Pampering: Discover self-care rituals and pampering techniques that focus on enhancing physical and emotional well-being, including skincare, gentle massages, and beauty treatments tailored to the needs of cancer patients.
- Image and Self-Identity: Explore the connection between personal image and self-identity, recognizing the power of embracing individuality, and how positive self-image can contribute to healing and self-confidence.
- Supportive Community: Foster connections and engage in group discussions to share experiences, challenges, and triumphs, providing a supportive network of peers who understand the cancer journey.
- Empowerment through Beauty: Embrace makeup techniques, hair styling, and fashion choices that align with personal preferences and help regain a sense of control and empowerment over appearance.
- Self-Reflection and Goal Setting: Engage in reflective exercises and goal-setting activities to envision a future filled with hope, self-love, and renewed purpose beyond the cancer experience.
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is specifically designed for cancer patients who seek to enhance their healing journey through self-care, self-expression, and the exploration of beauty. It is open to individuals at any stage of their cancer treatment or recovery process, providing a supportive and inclusive environment. No prior artistic or beauty-related experience is necessary—all participants are encouraged to join with an open mind and a willingness to explore their unique inner beauty.
By the end of this workshop, participants will have gained practical self-care strategies, a renewed sense of self-worth, and a deeper connection to their inner beauty. They will leave with tools to develop their own personalized self-care plan, a supportive network of fellow participants, and a renewed sense of hope and empowerment to continue their healing journey beyond the workshop.
Pay what you want
Fee covers a portion of costs associated with materials. Free for sisters of My Sister's Keeper, contact office for discount code
Pay what you want